Tuesday 2 November 2010

The Social Network Movie

Film/Documentary
Review by Chris
Very Good - Rating out of 100 - 74

I get easily excited but before seeing The Social Network my feet were twitching and my heart was beating more than normal.

The film documents the founding and rise of the social networking website - Facebook.

It gives an insight into the law suits and controversy surrounding the most popular website in the world.  I found the film compelling yet with an undertone of sadness to see how money and power has corrupted a great friendship.

No Facebook staff or employees were involved in the film and I think this shows as every character was given a fair representation,  Zuckerburg was portrayed as the genius he is with an obsessive work ethic, Sean Parker the playboy entrepreneur that made it all happen and Saverin as unfortunately one of the inevitable people who lost out.

I don't know how accurate the film is but I think it will appeal more to the geeky and nerdy amongst us.  I came away feeling inspired about how a fairly simple idea, followed relentlessy, can turn into a £250 billion company.

Highly recommend - A fun, glamorous watch that keeps you entertained from start to finish.  

No comments:

Post a Comment